Enchanted Rock Extreme Duathlon

To be a rookie, a newbie at anything is to live for!

To be a rookie, a newbie at anything is to live for!
Cronometro Finish 2011

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Allergic Reaction

posted December 1, 2009

Today I discovered why my sinuses have been "acting up" for the last 40 days. One of my supplement DGL contains MILK! This is a supplement that is supposed to aid digestion and was suggested to me several years ago. It comes in a couple of forms...raw, and flavored. The RAW contains no dairy. The "chocolate mint" contains flavoring derived from MILK. The containers are almost identical.

Almost two years ago I eliminated dairy, milk casein, whey etc. from my diet after reading that "dairy" is a primary cause of sinus problems. 3 days after QUITTING dairy I could smell odors.

I've had nasal polyps removed 3 times, nasal surgery, countless other medications and trips to the Doctor. I've taking reams of anti-biotics. NOTHING gave me long term relief until I QUIT dairy.

Will see how quitting DGL does to improve my sinus issues!

Update: December 6, 2009

Day 5 and I'm feeling great...unbelievable. The Doctor wanted to put me on anti-biotics and medral pak (steroids). Did neither! Just stopped the DGL which I think I'll never take again even if they guarantee me that there's no dairy in the non-flavored one!

I called the company and asked why would they put dairy in a supplement for digestive health??!! They said because people didn't like the taste. Fact is both products taste like crap..... They put me through hell and it makes me angry to think about it, but I'm also very happy to be feeling normal again....can smell and taste again....SWEET!

Update: 1/4/2009: Had new test and discovered sensitivity to SOY and EGG....UGH! Soy is especially negative so I'm quitting immediately. The good news is that my lower intestines have healed completely! That means I'm absorbing nutrients "normally." The elimination of soy creates many issues...several of my supplements contained soy. A real surprise was that a supplement prescribed by Doctor contains milk, wheat.... Dairy is the single biggest problem. I've carefully reviewed my diet and removed all soy containing foods and supplements.

Egg is another story. I've cut out 75% of eggs from my diet. The only ones left are from "egg protein" and a small amount in my quinoa muffins.

Results so far indicate improvements in sinus issues. My sinus passages are much better than usual.

sinus-movie

No comments:

Post a Comment