Enchanted Rock Extreme Duathlon

To be a rookie, a newbie at anything is to live for!

To be a rookie, a newbie at anything is to live for!
Cronometro Finish 2011

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sinus Survival

SINUS Update


posted over 2 years ago

Read the book "Sinus Survival" and started the food type elimination diet based on the likelihood of a Candida type fungus infection. Also listened to a lecture by a Doctor about the Metabolic clinic at local Hospital. The diet consists of NO dairy, no fruit, no processed sugar, no bread, no vinegar, no tofu.

I modified to eat about 1 1/2 servings of fruit (breakfast and lunch only). Took out tofu from Tuna. No DAIRY at all.

Beside the diet, I did sinus rinse (sinu cleanse) 3 times a day with one bottle PER nostril. After about 10 days my sense of smell returned and after 14 days the mucus is clear (NO green stuff!) This indicates all infection is gone. I can breath through my nose only, although when I run I cannot breath through my nose totally...ie. can't get enough air.

This is a huge improvement. NOT happy with the diet though. I will try to introduce more fruit in another week, and perhaps some gluten.

The Metabolic doctor said that dairy is usually the problem for chronic sinus sufferers.

Currently taking only my supplements, no meds, and rinsing with one bottle am and pm. After rinse, holding head upside down to allow drainage...surprising how much water collects in lower sinus passages!

Overall, this is huge for me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment