Enchanted Rock Extreme Duathlon

To be a rookie, a newbie at anything is to live for!

To be a rookie, a newbie at anything is to live for!
Cronometro Finish 2011

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Health Update

posted November 2008

Sleep apnea is a serious condition. Risks of heart attacks and strokes at elevated in people with this problem.

2 years ago my Sleep doctor described my Apnea as Moderate. I couldn't use a mask because of chronic sinus problems. Recent tests show my apnea to be "mild." I monitor my sleep weekly with a watch called "sleep tracker" which my Doctor endorses.

The improvement from moderate to mild occurred after I've discovered that I am sensitive to dairy. Earlier this year I was found to be intolerant of gluten protein....and have celiac disease. Eliminating dairy resulted in improved sinuses which improved my breathing at night. My sleep Doc gave me a device to prevent me from sleeping on my back...(the worst position when suffering from Apnea).

I'm very much a believer of exercise and healthy eating as a way to overcome my issues. I'm seeing a pHD who runs a "Metabolic Clinic." She is helping me understand and holistically treat a "leaky gut."

GI tract issues, food sensitivities, unhealthy eating, and lack of exercise all contribute to issues such as sleep apnea. I'm still working on getting my "system" balanced, but I can say that I feel better WITHOUT MEDS than I have in many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment