Enchanted Rock Extreme Duathlon

To be a rookie, a newbie at anything is to live for!

To be a rookie, a newbie at anything is to live for!
Cronometro Finish 2011

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

End of Heavy Lifting

This week (March 5th) marks the end of a period of heavy lifting.  Celebration.  I do this from about December 1st until March to build/maintain strength.  It's a time when I'm most at risk of injury.  This season ended in great shape..with only one squat session to go.  My one/two rep. maxs are:
Front barbell lift: 2 reps at 140 lbs.
Dead lift: 2 reps at 270 lbs.
Pull-ups: 2
Squats: 2 at 280 lbs.
Weight: 185  Bodyfat: 14%
Doing planks on TWO 65mm plyoballs
Besides strength I'm doing a 40 mile bike ride on Sunday at 16-17 MPH...moderate intensity on hills.  Also doing 2 spin classes (1 hour) and two 5 mile recovery runs per week.  Total calorie burn about 10,000.

Next week starts plyometrics with medicine ball plus core strength.  Then my first time trial in Manor Texas (12 miles).  This will test what I've got on a flat layout (150 ft. of change).  Don't have a time trial bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment