Enchanted Rock Extreme Duathlon

To be a rookie, a newbie at anything is to live for!

To be a rookie, a newbie at anything is to live for!
Cronometro Finish 2011

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Anaerobic Threshold Training

Anaerobic Threshold Training


posted spring 2007

I've been training at a high intensity for several months now. There's no way I'm going to get to be Olympic even SUPER SENIOR Olympic material at least as a long distance runner.

Aerobic training at 80-85% is best for off season and safest for year round. I can sustain 143 HR for at least an hour. Today we spun at around 143 for 40 minutes. I was hardly sweating. When approaching the Anaerobic Threshold I begin to sweat profusely.

When doing Anaerobic Threshold training I need to reload after 4-6 weeks of AT according to Athletes Performance.

I also need to drink more water on the difficult days. 48 ounces isn't enough during two workouts. I should be doing closer to 70.

No comments:

Post a Comment