Enchanted Rock Extreme Duathlon

To be a rookie, a newbie at anything is to live for!

To be a rookie, a newbie at anything is to live for!
Cronometro Finish 2011

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Resting Heart Rate

posted over 2 years ago

A heart rate monitor is essential for seniors and any serious athlete. A monitor allows us to exercise at a safe but effective level of effort. It allows us to exercise intensely enough to show improvement without taking unnecessary risks. For the athlete it guides them to effective training zones and prevents overtraining.

My resting heart rate has increased slightly since about 1 year ago. It was 46 and is 49 now. Wore the heart rate monitor for 2 hours in the early morning. My average HR for 2 hours while sleeping was 52. When I awoke I watched it go from 48-50 over a 5 minute stretch.

The increase could be do to overtraining, so I'm cutting back a bit on intense Anaerobic Threshold training. I'll do a week of 85% of my maximum heart rate, which is my Aerobic threshold. Then I'll resume check my resting rate again.

No comments:

Post a Comment