Enchanted Rock Extreme Duathlon

To be a rookie, a newbie at anything is to live for!

To be a rookie, a newbie at anything is to live for!
Cronometro Finish 2011

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Nasal polyps, Windpipe bulge

posted May 2007

I seldom take a good rest without it being because of injury or illness.

I haven't worked out since Monday (5 days ago). Planned a rest week, but was going to be more active. All I've done is walk slowly for 20-30 minutes.

Exercise and diet might help my sinus issues, but the fact is I still have major problems with polyps. Mucus production is very high right now.

After 9 days the neck issue has cleared...at least it doesn't hurt when lying on my right side (weird because the pain is only felt on the left side.) I might have pulled a small muscle deep in my neck when trying to breath through my nose and exhale out the mouth.

Saw a couple of Docs this week to get opinion on the neck. Both recommended a CAT scan of the soft tissue. One did a scope down the throat and saw a "bulge" which might explain the pressure I feel on the windpipe when I take a deep breath. That has subsided. Same Doc wants me to go on Antibiotics, which don't work for polyps. He said he had trouble getting through my sinuses to my throat with the camera due to polyps. I've had them removed 3 times in my life and they always come back. Flonase helps to reduce inflammation when it's at the worst. I may be dairy and gluten intolerant, but not sure. When in Texas last spring...I felt great...no congestion.

Increased my suppliments (probiotics) to stablize good bacteria in stomach. Also, taking more enzemes prior to meals. Using Flonase until I can smell clearly, which means polyps have shrunk.

I need to shrink these polyps. They will destroy bone structure over time and that is impossible to replace. This hasn't been right in years. I've tried every med and non-med solution known and still I suffer with this. IT MUST STOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment